Emails published Tuesday by the Daily Mail suggest President Joe Biden was more financially entangled with his scandal-plagued son than was previously known.
If Joe Biden benefitted from his son’s admitted exploitation of the family name, it could be a big problem for the president.
The Hunter Biden scandal is an evolving story, but the Daily Mail broke fresh ground on Tuesday, indicated that the president and highly controversial son have significantly commingled finances.
The emails uncovered by the Mail shed more light on the farrago that is Biden family finances:
- The younger Biden is the subject of apparent FBI and IRS probes, and investigators are “reportedly also looking into his foreign business relationships and the potential for money laundering charges.”
- According to the Mail, “bills Hunter paid for Joe included a $190-a-month AT&T phone bill and thousands in repairs on the president’s lakeside home in Wilmington.”
- Hunter’s proclivities come into play here as well, with the younger Biden barricading himself in 2018 in a pricey Los Angeles suite and wiring a prostitute $25,000: “Come on H this is linked to Celtic’s (Joe Biden’s ) account.”
CLOSING THE LOOP?
We already knew Hunter was corrupt, but the previous evidence of Joe’s involvement has only circumstantial: “The big guy.”
- This week’s revelations indicate that Hunter and Joe Biden’s finances were literally linked.
- This was seen as a potential major liability by those who worked with both men.
- Such shenanigans were ongoing during Biden’s vice presidency and his four years out of power between the Obama and Trump administration.
Case in point, in a previously disclosed exchange:
- It would be one matter if Hunter Biden had been monetizing the family name — as Hunter himself conceded in 2019, it paid to be famous: “You know — I don’t think that there’s a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn’t Biden.”
- It would be another matter entirely if the younger Biden had been making the money to funnel back to his father, the president: “Don’t worry, unlike Pop, I won’t make you give me half your salary,” Hunter Biden wrote in a previously released email.
- Hunter’s ongoing art shows in LA have been cash cows… Has the president been seeing such money?
- These revelations have complicated the president’s agenda — which includes a major anti-corruption push, as pointed by POLITICO in September.
- Hard-line Republicans called on President Joe Biden to resign over Afghanistan — and the swirl of family financial chaos has given them fresh fodder.