Ghislaine Maxwell, a former girlfriend and longtime associate Epstein, was arrested by the FBI in New Hampshire last Thursday on charges of luring underage girls so the late disgraced financier could sexually abuse them.
The ex-friend, in an anonymous interview published on Monday by Daily Mail, predicted Maxwell would try to leverage the tapes with federal authorities as a “get out of jail card.”
"Ghislaine has always been as cunning as they come. She wasn't going to be with Epstein all those years and not have some insurance," the source said. "The secret stash of sex tapes I believe Ghislaine has squirreled away could end up being her get out of jail card if the authorities are willing to trade. She has copies of everything Epstein had. They could implicate some twisted movers and shakers."
"If Ghislaine goes down, she's going to take the whole damn lot of them with her," the ex-friend added.
Rumors of dirt: A New York Times journalist revealed last August that Epstein in 2018 told him he had dirt on an “astonishing number” of celebrities and powerful people.
- A friend told Vanity Fair in an article published the same day that Maxwell said she and Epstein filmed the guests on his private "Pedophile Island" for use "as an insurance policy, as blackmail.”
- His death was officially ruled a suicide, but widely believed conspiracy theories hold that he was murdered to prevent him from testifying against powerful associates.
Epstein entertained the likes of former President Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew of the British royal family and President Donald Trump at his homes and on his private jet, known as the Lolita Express.
- According to a book published last month, Clinton had an affair with Maxwell, a British socialite, amid his numerous trips and visits with Epstein.
- Epstein reportedly kept kept a bizarre painting of Bill Clinton in drag on prominent display in his New York townhouse.
- Clinton's spokesman has called the allegation of an affair with Maxwell a "lie," and all three men have denied any wrongdoing in their relations with Epstein.